What is Shirodhara (Third Eye Massage) Shiro Bliss
Shirodhara is a deeply relaxing therapy that effects the body, mind and spirit in a profoundly healing way. A stream of warm oil is poured over the forehead and scalp, then left at a point at the middle of the brow (the third eye) for a duration of 30-60 minutes.
Shirodhara is a cornerstone Ayurvedic treatment. The treatment never fails to surprise and amaze newcomers to Ayurveda. People generally say that it’s like being in the deepest state of meditation that you can imagine. Some are mystified by it – but all are impressed.
Benefits of Shirodhara:
- Brings balance and harmony to body, mind, and spirit.
- Generates a profound state of relaxation in body and mind, relieving stress.
- Opens up the flow of energy in the body.
- Stabilizes the nervous system.
- Helps to treat insomnia.
- Turns on the body’s healing mechanisms.
- Rejuvenates and purifies body and soul.
- Nourishes hair and scalp, and strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss and premature graying.
- Replenishes skin oils, regaining natural luster and youthfulness.
- Softens lines and wrinkles on the face by clearing the mind, dissolving stress and relaxing face muscles
- Activates the pituitary and pineal glands, as well as the hypothalamus, which organize and regulate all hormones in the body.
- Promotes fertility by stimulating the pituitary gland, where sexual and reproductive hormones are activated.
- Helps produce endorphin- the neurotransmitters of the body.
- Enhances concentration, mental clarity and comprehension.
- Stimulates cognitive memories and increases intuition.
- Opens the Third Eye- increasing spiritual awareness.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Shirodhara stimulates what’s called a marma point over the third eye (and the pituitary gland), releasing neurotransmitters and neurohormones that allow the body to relax and heal at the deepest level. A marma point, in the Ayurvedic Science, is a vital energy point on the surface of the body. The ajna marma, between the brows, is central to all brain function and governs the endocrine glands. On a more subtle level, it regulates the qualityof consciousness.
The very simple application of a steady stream of warm oil to the middle of the forehead recharges the body, brings clarity to the mind, increases focus, concentration, memory and cognitive function, and helps to normalize emotional balance. Tension around the spine is relieved, which helps to calm and clear the mind. Shirodhara facilitates the release of serotonin and can elevate alpha and theta brain wave activity. A series of treatments can have a profound effect in treating a number of neurological and psychological conditions.
WHAT DOES IT TREAT?
Numerous studies have confirmed the multiple benefits from Shirodhara. Besides relaxation and stress reduction, Shirodhara has been proven to offer relief from headaches, migraines and insomnia, improves sleep quality, reduces anxiety, stimulates better decision making, increases clarity and focus, quickens recovery from jetlag and helps to deeply pacify and nourish the nervous system. Shirodhara is an excellent treatment for routine maintenance of the mind, harmonizing brain wave activity that is disrupted by technology and modern living.
Traditionally, Shirodhara is indicated for diseases of the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose, throat and nervous system. It has been shown to have beneficial effects on asthma, cholesterol management, enlarged prostate, ulcers, rheumatism and diabetes. It is also indicated for alcoholism and addiction, mental overstimulation, and mental stress and strain, among other things. Shirodhara has the added benefit of rejuvenating the whole body, relieving exhaustion, and restoring the luster of the skin.
ShiroBliss is innovative Shirodhara equipment , combines elegance and functionality to provide ultimate luxurious Bespoke Signature Shirodhara experience, through for a simple Shirodhara administration. and automated precise temperature, flow and duration, not mention about the quite operations and hygiene.