LANA’s hair salon is devoted to providing hair loss solutions for men and women who have lost their hair as a result of Alopecia, chemotherapy or radiation treatment or other forms of medically-related hair loss. Our hair salon has helped restore the confidence of thousands of people, allowing them to regain their smile and vitality.
All our beautiful wigs and hairpieces are triple quality tested and our promise to our customers is to only deliver the very best hair that money can buy.
At LANA, we thought we’d focus on some of the amazing, non-invasive treatments that can help people look and feel their best through the battle of cancer treatments. Cancer robs us of precious time, our looks and our physical strength – and it often takes a huge toll on one’s mental health as well. While cancer treatments save lives, a person’s will and ‘fight’ within are often just as important in winning the fight. We are constantly inspired by people who simply refuse to give up. It can be a truly difficult task to continue to fight, while losing your hair, experiencing pain, rashes, weight loss / gain and debilitating fatigue and stress.
Many cancer patients don’t want to be regarded as “special” or treated differently, as their medical treatments alone often set them apart from the general population upon only a cursory glance. On the contrary, they desire to be treated, to look, and most of all, to feel “normal”, no different that everyone around them.
Chemotherapy can cause hair loss all over the body- not just on the scalp. It sometimes affects the eyelashes, eyebrows, armpits, pubic and other body hair as well. Some chemotherapy drugs are more likely than others to cause hair loss, and different doses can cause anything from a mere thinning to complete baldness.
Why LANA Salon for chemotherapy patients?
- Hair usually begins falling out two to four weeks after the treatment begins.
- Our guest can book a consultation with our Oncology-certified Hairstylist and Cosmetologist before starting their treatment to ensure that their specific medical condition and requirements are taken into account.
- Our Experts help our guests by providing a selection in accordance with each individual’s requirements and preferences, subsequently ordering and customizing the selected wigs and other prosthetics that are chosen.
- The hair loss tends to start within a month of the treatment commencing and continues up to a few weeks afterwards. Whether it only leads to a thinning of the hair or causes complete baldness, we can help by providing customized wigs, so that the change is not apparent based simply on outward appearance.
- Once the hair starts to recover post-treatment and begin growing back, our specialized Ayurvedic hair treatments help the hair grow back thicker and can also help to cool the scalp.
- The head massage and Shirodhara treatments also help to ease the mind and body and reduce anxiety.
- Our specially designed haircuts and scarves protect the scalp and hair against further hair loss during the recovery period.
- Our authentic Biodynamic Ayurvedic hair oils also help maintain scalp and hair health.
What to expect
During your first visit, our hairstylist / Cosmetologist will ask you some general questions about your health, lifestyle and medical history. They may ask to speak to your GP if they are concerned that the wig fitting or other available treatments could interfere with any other treatment or drugs that you are receiving.
A Hair consultation session usually lasts between 20 to 30 minutes.
The hairstylist will walk you through the entire procedure of booking a customized wig with us. Once you choose a wig, our hairstylist will recommend the hair packages, covering style and cut that best complement your wig and specifications.
Our hairstylists take care of everything for you, whether that is before, during or after the treatments. This includes:
- Understanding how gentle they need to be to your hair
- Hair cutting Style and look
- Head covering style and selection
- Regular appointments during your treatment
- Helping select cruelty-free hair products before, during and after treatments.
Lana has endocrinology, Oncology and ayurvedic Doctors available for consultation, who help our guest in choosing treatments that are best suited to their specific condition and circumstances, allowing them to relax, as they know that their treatment is being handled by knowledgeable professionals.
Research into Salon services for people with cancer
There is no scientific evidence to prove that salon treatments can cure or prevent any type of disease, including cancer