Dr. Smita Kargutkar
- Education: M.B.B.S. – Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Residency: M.D. Internal Medicine, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ
- Fellowship: M.D. Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- F. A. C. E. ( Fellow of American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist
- Fellowship trained in Integrative, Functional, Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine from American Academy of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine A4M
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- The Endocrine Society
- American Diabetes Association (ADA)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE)
- American Academy of Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine (AAARM)
- Life member: American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI and MOCAAPI )
MEDICAL CONDITIONS MANAGED
Thyroid and Adrenal Disorders
- Hypothyroidism: Low thyroid levels
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Hyperthyroidism- High thyroid levels
- Graves’ disease and Toxic nodules
- Thyroid Nodules
- Thyroid Cancer
- Optimization of thyroid function
- Thyroiditis Adrenal Adenoma
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Hirsutism- Excess hair
- Menstrual irregularities
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Low testosterone levels
Dr. Kargutkar does NOT prescribe testosterone to men unless there is a valid medical reason.
Diabetes mellitus & Metabolism
- Diabetes mellitus Type 1
- Diabetes mellitus Type 2
- Diabetes mellitus Type 1.5/LADA
- Insulin Pump titration
- Continuous Glucose monitor
- Steroid-induced high blood sugars
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Growth Hormone Disorders
- Parathyroid Disorders
- Hypercalcemia: High calcium levels
- Hypocalcemia: Low calcium levels
We are in Network with:
- Meritain Health Aetna
- Medicare Primary and Any commercial insurance as secondary
* Please note:
· We check deductible for every patient at every visit.
· We require to keep a credit card on file.
· If you have a high deductible plan and you have not met the deductible, We will ask you to pay for the full visit upfront.
· If there is an overpayment, we will refund you the difference after the EOB (Explanation of Benefits) is received from Insurance.
· You can use FSA or HSA card to make payment.
· No show fee is $25
Out Of Network Insurances
- Aetna Better Health ( Medicaid)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- GHI/Emblem health
- Horizon Medicare Blue Advantage (HMO)
- Horizon NJ Health
- United Oxford
- United Health Care
- United HealthCare Community Plan
- Any Medicaid Plan
- Any Medicare Advantage/Complete plans offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Health Care, Oxford or AARP
· You can still see the doctor as an Out Of Network Physician.
· You will be asked to pay for the visit upfront by Credit/Debit/ FSA/ HSA Card or cash.
· You will receive a superbill at the end of the visit, which you can submit to your insurance company.
· Depending on your “Out Of Network deductible”, insurance company will reimburse you directly.
· You can call the Customer Service number on back of your insurance card to get the details.
· You can use your FSA or HSA (Flexible or Health Spending Account card) for the payment.
|Consultation Dr. Smita Kargutkar|
|Thyroid and Adrenal Disorders|
|Diabetes mellitus & Metabolism|
|Endocrinology Price||First Visit out of Network||Follow-up Visit out of Network|
|New Patient consult level-5 ( Very complex and needs more time to manage )||$600.00||$250.00|
|New Patient consult level-4 ( Moderate Complexity )||$400.00||$200.00|
|New Patient consult level-3 ( Low Complexity )||$350.00||$150.00|
|New Patient consult level-2 ( Very Low Complexity )||$300.00||$100.00|
|New Patient consult level-0 ( brief Visit )||$250.00||$50.00|